GoSourcing Federal Gov't client is seeking and experienced and proactive Senior Business Analyst to work with the Data and Analytics Team, who is responsible for working with industry to improve traceability of agricultural goods. They are seeking assistance from a senior business analyst who can contribute to analysis of organic red meat export systems and operational processes, and data standards design to support traceability initiatives and improve data sharing.
- Mapping at a high-level data that is generated across the agricultural supply chain as part of the production and export processes for red meat.
- Working in a small multi-disciplinary team and independently to draft high level artifacts including process maps and diagrams articulating current and future states for business processes.
- Working with industry representatives and departmental staff to understand current state business processes and issues related to traceability data.
- Contributing to the development of traceability data standards.
You will join the Analytics Growth section to engage with business experts across the department to deliver solutions that improve decision making across the department’s diverse and interesting portfolio, which includes agriculture, biosecurity, trade, and other interesting fields.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to:
- Team culture – contributing to a collaborative, agile, curious analytic team
- Innovative approaches – advocate for, and pioneer, novel approaches to delivering user-focused insights.
- Analytic approaches and practice – contribute experience and preferences to effective ways of delivering analytic projects.
Estimated start date Monday, 05 September 2022
Initial contract duration To 30 June 2023
Location: ACT, NSW, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
The team is located in Canberra. Staff based in Canberra will be expected to attend the office on a standard flexible working arrangement. The maximum onsite days is 5. The minimum is negotiable. Client is open to team members working remotely from anywhere in Australia. The successful candidate will need to be able to travel to Canberra, as reasonably required, no more than once per quarter.
Australian citizen and must be able to obtain Baseline clearance.
- Gathering, documenting and validating business processes and data flows.
- Identifying issues, risks and benefits of existing and proposed solutions and outlining business impacts.
- Active engagement and consultation with the business areas to understand data requirements and issues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (in business analysis, computer science, science) or comparable industry experience.
- The ability to understand and think critically about problems and find practical solutions
- Experience working in the Australian Export or Agriculture industry
- Using Azure DevOps for managing work activities
- Power BI experience
- Previous experience developing data standards