GoSourcing is seeking to identify Development Expert (EL1) individuals to support one of our Federal Government clients
The Development Expert engages in the design and the development of high quality solutions in support of business and technical requirements. The role solves highly complex problems. The Development Expert exercises a considerable degree of independence and undertakes a technical leadership role, with work being performed under the general guidance of senior staff.
The Development Expert may be responsible for, and/or contribute to the management of a team.
Estimated Start Date: 01st August 2022
Term: Initial Term to 31st July 2023
Extension Options: Possibility of extensions up to 24 months, based on performance & business requirements
Work Location: Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Canberra
Security Clearance: Must be an Australian Citizen. Personnel must hold or be eligible to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both when writing documentation and when writing code
- Demonstrated practical experience in designing and developing high quality solutions in large and complex, enterprise environments (preferably with Federal Government organisations).
- Candidates must be available to work full time
- Candidates must meet the Weighted Criteria
- Candidates must be able to work from the client premises in either of the 4 locations detailed
1. Technical Skills
- Hands on or advanced level skills in developing technical SAP CRM solutions, with specific experience in the CRM One Order framework, OData and related components, including all relevant development environments and tools, for example SAPUI5, CRM,BOPF, BRF+.
2. Technical Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to: lead and motivate team members to achieve quality outcomes; mentor and guide staff learning and development.
3. Communication and Dealing with a changing environment and ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to: develop and maintain a range of internal and external stakeholder relationships; resolve conflict using appropriate strategies; understand the audience and context, and effectively tailor communication and communication styles; lead change initiatives and support staff through uncertainty and the change process; develop long term plans for technical directions and manage work in the context of business priorities
4. Ability to perform the requirements of the role within a large complex and geographically dispersed ICT environment
- Demonstrated ability to: work highly independently under broad direction and act collaboratively; manage competing priorities and achieve quality outcomes and project completion
5. Agile and waterfall work styles
- Demonstrated experience working using both Agile and Waterfall work styles (include length of time working within each work style)
6. Analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated abilty to: assess risks and development and implement mitigation strategies; undertake objective, systematic analysis and draw accurate conclusions based on evidence; make decisions based on professional judgment, risk evaluation and in the context of the envrionment; think strategically and align operational activity accordingly