A Federal Gov’t Department client in Canberra ACT is seeking to hire Scrum Masters to support the Program on complex projects within an integrated workforce.
Scrum Masters are professionals who act as a link between product owners and teams during large projects. They help refine the project timeline and process where necessary, leading product development.
Candidates should have excellent knowledge of how scrums work within the Agile framework, its artefacts and techniques and the ability to coordinate people and projects (occasionally facilitating changes) with a clear focus on deliverables.
Indicative duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage scope and timeline
- Coordinate sprints, retrospectives, demonstrations and regular stand-ups
- Coach Team members in Agile frameworks
- Facilitate communication and effective collaboration
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Help teams implement changes effectively
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint.
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it.
Estimated start date: Monday, 01 May 2023
Initial contract duration: 12 months
Extension term: 2x 12 months
Location of work: ACT
Security clearance: Australian Citizen and must have an NV1 Security Clearance
The successful candidate will normally work 5 days per week (estimated 40 hour week). This role is Canberra based, however interstate candidates are encouraged to apply, and will be considered. The Agency will consider and negotiate offsite (work from anywhere) working arrangements on a case by case basis. Where an offsite working arrangement is agreed, successful candidate will be required to:
• Attend the Agency’s Canberra Office for the first week of their engagement to undertake compulsory training and to meet team members and various Agency personnel
• Travel to Canberra at least once per month for a minimum of 4 working days for key stakeholder, team, and organisational events. Where the candidate is interstate based please provide the Candidate’s interstate location in their resume.
- Demonstrated Scrum Master experience within an Agile Framework including:
- Able to demonstrate communication and leadership skills including:
- A track record of delivering technology products in large organisations using DevOps or Agile approaches.
- Leading, coaching, developing and guiding Agile teams from Inception to release Using Agile principles including the adoption of the Agile mind-set
- Ability to conduct show cases and retrospectives
- Creating flow for PI Planning.
- Stakeholder management and engagement
- Team leadership
- Accurate reporting of team progress
- Clear documentation of Agile Artefacts
- Collaborative and collegiate style.
- Scrum Master certifications and experience in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Tertiary qualification highly regarded in Computer Science, Business or similar field.